Mobile Infantry M-3 Tactical Helmet - Ear Covers
Upgrade your Mobile Infantry M-3 Tactical Helmet from "B" grade to "A" grade with our brass ear covers.
Note 1: Price is per pair of ear covers (enough for one helmet).
Note 2: Ear covers are shipped unpainted.
Learn more about the original helmets used in Starship Troopers and how you can use our metal ear covers to upgrade your helmet from B-Grade to A-grade by checking out our blog post.
- Hand drill with approx 3/16" bit
- Dremel with 1/4" sanding drum
- Devcon "Plastic Welder" 2 part epoxy
- Flat Black Paint in an aerosol can
- Using a 3/16" drill bit, drill a small pilot hole in the center of the ear detail on each side of the helmet. Be cautious not to use too large a drill bit as it may chip and crack the fiberglass.
- Use a Dremel with a 1/4" sanding drum to slowly enlarge the pilot hole, test-fitting the ear cover until it fits in the hole and is centered in the ear detail.
- Paint ear covers inside and out with aerosol flat black paint.
- Carefully Dremel the inner edge of ear covers to allow the epoxy to more solidly adhere to the surface.
- Apply a thin layer of 2 part epoxy around the inner edge of ear cover then gently insert into the hole in the helmet. Make sure the ear cover is properly aligned and hold in place until epoxy sets.